Moog CP-251 Control Processor
The award-winning moogerfooger CP-251 Control Processor is a collection of classic modular synthesizer circuits designed by Bob Moog. With the Moogerfooger analog effects, minimoog Voyager analog synthesizer, or other voltage-controlled synthesis gear you can generate, modify, combine, and distributing control voltages for creating complex sound events with patch cords. Uncontaminated by the digital world!
The CP-251 Control Processor can be used in connection with one or more moogerfooger analog effects modules, the minimoog Voyager, or other voltage-controlled gear. The CP-251 adds the same kind of power and versatility of the classic MOOG modular synthesizers.
There are two kinds of signals in a modular analog synthesiser: audio and control. As audio signals go through a system of synthesiser modules, they get shaped into the sounds that you hear. Control signals, on the other hand, correspond to the variations in the sound that are imparted by the synthesiser modules, like invisible hands that turn the knobs of the modules.
The CP-251 provides a dual waveform LFO, Noise Generator, Sample-and-Hold circuit, as well as two attenuators, a lag processor, a CV mixer and a 4-way mult. This gives you ways to modify, mix, and distribute control voltages to produce the incredible variety of sounds and effects that analog synthesisers are famous for.
- Four input mixer - Enables you to combine control signals to create complex effects
- Lag Processor - Reshapes control signals by slowing down abrupt changes, used to produce glides and swoops
- Low Frequency Ocillator (LFO) - Makes periodic control signals over the range of one cycle
- Two Attenuators - To reduce the strength of control signals
- Four-way Multiple - Enables you to send one control signal to as many as three destinations
- Noise Source - Provides pure noise for use as an audio or control signal
- Sample and Hold - Produces stepwise control signals by sampling the voltage of any signal