SHURE SLX-D WIRELESS DIGITAL MIC SYSTEM SLXD24D/B58
The Shure SLXD24D/B58 offers two presenters or performers a dual-channel wireless handheld microphone system that's dependable, easy to set up, and features crystal-clear, digital sound quality. Built around a rugged, dual-channel, single rack receiver with removable antennas, the system is ideally suited for portable rigs or long-term installations in small- to medium-sized venues, event spaces, conference rooms, houses of worship, and education facilities.
The SLX-D operates in the UHF band to transmit high-quality, 24-bit digital audio with over 120 dB of dynamic range for crisp, detailed sound. It utilizes Digital Predictive Switching Diversity to protect the transmission from interference and deliver a solid, reliable RF signal without dropouts.
This configuration includes two SLXD2 handheld transmitters, each featuring an interchangeable microphone capsule design and equipped with a Beta 58A dynamic capsule. The Beta 58A has a supercardioid pickup pattern that focuses on speech, helping to reduce feedback on loud stages. The lightweight metal transmitters feature a selectable 1/10mW RF power output and a transmission range up to 330'. Power is supplied by two AA batteries or an SB903 rechargeable battery (available separately) for up to 8 hours.
The all-metal, rackmount SLXD4D receiver features an intuitive LCD interface with meters for RF, battery status, and audio outputs. It also offers 60 dB of gain control, and both mic/line XLR and 1/4" instrument outputs for each channel. Additional features include automatic frequency scanning and IR sync to easily link the transmitter and receiver to the same frequency.
With up to 32 mic channels available at the same time, the SLX-D is ready to expand as your needs grow. What’s more, setting up multiple systems is made fast and easy via the Ethernet port, which links them together for quick, coordinated frequency scans from a single receiver.
Two Handheld Transmitters with Beta 58A Dynamic Supercardioid Capsules
- With durable aluminum housing, the SLXD2 handheld transmitter offers a lightweight design that's comfortable to hold, and it features an LCD to show essential information.
- The Beta 58A dynamic microphone capsule handles high SPL levels and has a tailored frequency response that accentuates clarity of vocals; a tight supercardioid pattern ensures high gain before feedback, maximum isolation from other sound sources, and minimum off-axis tone coloration.
- The transmitter's interchangeable capsule design allows you to choose the ideal capsule for your application. Shure offers a variety of optional dynamic and condenser mic capsules with varying pickup patterns—capsules include the Beta 87A, SM58, and KSM8.
Transparent Digital Sound, Dependable Performance, and More Mics
- The SLX-D delivers 24-bit digital audio with a fast transient response and over 120 dB of dynamic range—resulting in clear, accurate sound for your events.
- The system operates in the J52: 558 to 602 + 614 to 616 MHz UHF band with a 46 MHz tuning range and 1840 selectable frequencies, far away from potential Wi-Fi interference in the 2.4 GHz band.
- Digital Predictive Switching Diversity uses a microprocessor to switch between the two antennas for the cleanest signal—before dropouts occur.
- With a low latency of 3.2 ms, the system is ideal for applications that require live sound reinforcement.
- The SLX-D's spectrum-efficient digital transmission technology allows for up to 32 mics to be used at once.
- Up to 10 compatible systems per 6 MHz TV band and 12 systems per 8 MHz band are supported.
- Ethernet networking saves you time with coordinated group scanning between multiple receivers from a single location; TCPI command streams from third-party companies such as AMX and Crestron are also supported.
Ready to Rackmount, Easy to Use
- Housed in a tough, single-rack metal chassis with detachable antennas, the SLXD4D dual-channel receiver is a great fit for A/V installations or as part of a portable rackmount rig—ready to travel to a meeting or event.
- The SLX-D is engineered to provide outstanding sound for small- to medium-sized spaces and facilities—without costly, complicated features required primarily for large venues.
- Intuitive front-panel controls and a high-contrast LCD screen with audio and RF meters makes set up a snap.
- The auto-scan function automatically seeks out the cleanest available frequency for you. The receiver and transmitters then easily link to the same frequency via infrared.
- The receiver offers up to 60 dB of adjustable gain and the display shows you where the ideal levels should be.
Optional Rechargeable Battery Management
- Adding the SB903 lithium-ion rechargeable battery, along with an SBC10-903 single charger or an SBC203 dual-docking charger, offers a cost-effective and environmentally friendly alternative to throwing away AA batteries (battery and chargers available separately).
- Using the SB903 battery and SBC203 charger simplifies the task of keeping multiple transmitters charged and ready—you can even recharge the battery while still in the transmitter.
- When powered by an SB903 battery, each transmitter displays the remaining run time in hours and minutes.
Enhance the Reliability of Your System
- Adding UA874 active antennas or PA805SWB passive antennas increases the range of your system and offers increased protection against interference.
- The UA844+SWB antenna distribution system (available separately) lets you stretch the power of your antenna pairs, giving you more on-air channels in less setup time.
A Variety of Mics and Transmitters Available
- Shure offers a bodypack transmitter with a variety of lavalier and headset microphones to adapt your system as your needs evolve.
- The WL183 (omnidirectional), WL185 (cardioid), and WL184 (supercardioid) lavalier mics offer hands-free presentation options.
- The miniature WL93 and subminiature MX150 mics are smaller, easy-to-conceal lavaliers.
- The discreet MX153 subminiature earset mic provides exceptional clarity in spoken word applications.
- The PGA31 is a comfortable, durable headset microphone for active performance.