Audio-Technica’s 50 year journey started in a Tokyo garage with a high quality turntable cartridge so the new LP1240-USB is something of a return to the company roots.
Designed to deliver exceptional music reproduction even under the most demanding professional applications the new turntable offers a host of high-performance features making it ideal for pro, mobile and club DJ use, and its sleek, gloss black design complements any home music system.
A powerful direct-drive 16-pole, three-phase motor delivers a starting torque of more than 4.5 kgf.cm which is plenty of power for rapid start DJ cueing and controlled slower starts and both start-up and slow-down speed/time can be variably adjusted. DJ-friendly features include forward/reverse, two stop/start buttons for portrait or landscape orientations, a damped cast-aluminium platter with stroboscopic speed markings and slip mat, an illuminated speed indicator, adjustable +/-10% and 20% pitch control , a removable stylus target light, a dedicated tone arm grounding lug and a hydraulically-damped lift lever.
The turntable’s USB output allows direct connection to a computer without any special drivers, making it easy to transfer vinyl to digital music files that can be played back on a portable audio device like an Apple® iPod®, iPhone™, iPad™ and iPod touch®, or in the car or at home. The Audacity® software supplied is PC- and Mac®-compatible and in addition to vinyl to digital conversion also offers audio editing features including equalisation and click/noise removal.
- Professional DJ turntable
- USB output – connects directly to your computer; includes Audacity software
- Direct drive high-torque multi-pole motor for demanding DJ use
- Professional features for DJ use in nightclubs, touring & mobile applications
- Selectable 33/45/78 RPM speeds
- Selectable internal stereo phono pre-amplifier
- Dual start/stop controls
- Start and brake control adjustments
- Sliding pitch control with quartz speed lock
- Reverse operation
S-shaped tone arm assembly with:
- Adjustable counterweight
- Anti-skate adjustment
- Tone arm height adjustment and lock
- Tone arm lift with hydraulic action and lift lever
- Tone arm rest with locking mechanism
- Dedicated ground lug for tone arm grounding
- Stroboscopic platter and speed accuracy indicator
- Damped cast aluminium record platter with low-resistance DJ-style slip mat
- Removable stylus target light
- 45-RPM adapter
- Adjustable feet for levelling
- Removable dust cover