Shure Beta 87A Vocal Condenser Microphone
The precision-engineered Beta 87A condenser vocal microphone has a smooth, tailored response for warm, accurate sound. Its super-cardioid polar pattern provides maximum isolation from nearby vocalists or instruments.
The Shure Beta 87A is a premium quality super-cardioid hand-held condenser vocal microphone with exceptionally smooth frequency response and high sound pressure level capability. It is ideal for a professional lead or backing vocalist either on stage, for live recording or in the studio.
The Beta 87A features a controlled low-frequency roll-off that compensates for proximity effect and prevents the “boomy” sound often associated with close pick-up. The tailored frequency responce with its presence rise , brightens the upper midrange and helps the vocals cut through the mix. The tight super-cardioid pattern provides maximum isolation from other vocalists or instruments while offering minimal off-axis coloration. It operates on phantom power.
- Smooth frequency response with gradual presence rise
- Highly consistent super-cardioid polar pattern provides superior gain-before-feedback
- Electronic low-frequency roll-off compensates for proximity effect
- Wide dynamic range (117 dB) and low distortion characteristics
- Very low susceptibility to RFI and electromagnetic hum
- Advanced cartridge shock-mount system absorbs mechanical shocks and reduces handling noise
- Built-in pop filter reduces undesirable wind and breath sounds
- Legendary Shure quality and reliability