Tascam DR-05 (Version 2) Portable Digital Recorder
TASCAM’s DR-05 brings high-quality stereo recording to an easy-to-use portable powerhouse with a size and price that anyone can handle. The DR-05 records in MP3 or WAV format – including 96kHz/24-bit high-resolution audio – to microSD or microSDHC media. A pair of all-new microphones handles up to 125dB SPL with the sensitivity to capture every detail. With new recording features like Peak Reduction and Quick Menu, the DR-05 puts album-quality recording in the palm of your hand.
Everything about the DR-05 is designed to get the best quality recordings of your music. A new pair of built-in microphones withstands up to 125dB SPL – the volume of a jet plane from 200 feet away – yet still have the sensitivity to capture every detail of a performance. You can add your own microphone or line-level source through the 1/8” stereo input, including plug-in power for microphones that need it.
Internally, the DR-05’s digital and analog circuit boards are built separately to increase noise performance, with a low-impedance design to further decrease hiss. A separate power supply is sent to the A/D and D/A converter for even better audio performance. The result is clean sound quality – over 92dB signal to noise ratio, under 0.05% total harmonic distortion and 20Hz to 40kHz response (-1/+3dB) at 96kHz/24-bit resolution.
Simple to Operate
The layout of the DR-05 has been revamped to be quick and easy to work with one thumb. Operations like recording, adjusting levels, deleting bad takes and adding markers are just a button press away. Dig deeper to find features like limiting, low cut filtering, a built-in chromatic tuner and more.
One new feature that makes the DR-05 easy to operate is the new Peak Reduction feature. This setting automatically sets your recording level by listening to the input and adjusting for the best level. Unlike Auto Gain settings, this one only goes down to prevent accidental distortion after a period of low level like a break. Peak Recording works in rehearsal mode or in record, so if the performance is louder than the soundcheck you’re still safe. Used with the built-in limiter, it’s unlikely you’ll distort your career-making live recording.
Other classic TASCAM features are included, like Variable Speed Audition to loop and slow down music without changing the pitch – perfect for transcribing or learning new music. A Level Align function can be switched on for playback, to smooth out any sudden volume jumps, and a built-in speaker is also provided. The two AA batteries are enough to power the recorder for 17 1/2 hours, even while recording at CD quality.
For musicians and recordists at any stage of their career, there’s no easier way to get great-sounding recordings than TASCAM’s DR-05.
- Easily create high-quality recordings
- Stereo condenser microphones for lively, high-quality sound and high-resolution recording
- Proven high sound pressure design for capturing loud sounds of up to 125dB SPL, making it ideal for loud band recordings
- Peak reduction function that detects peaks and automatically sets the optimal level
- Enhanced playback functions
- Tempo change (VSA) function for adjusting the speed from 0.5 to 1.5 times (in 0.1 increments), which is great for practicing music and language study
- Level align feature prevents uneven volume levels for enhanced listenability
- Additional Features of Version 2
- Nondestructive Overdubbing Function for Music Creation
- Reverb Effect for Vocal and Instrument Resonance
- Auto recording function that can start recording automatically
- Auto mark function that can put the mark automatically
- Auto tone function Provides Easy-Adjustments for On-Site Movie Editing, ideal for DSLR filmmaking
For more information, please visit the manufacturer's website