ZOOM H1N PORTABLE FIELD RECORDER
The Zoom H1n is the latest version of the popular and easy to use handheld PCM recorder. The X/Y stereo pickup lets you capture great sounding recordings with unlimited overdubs for archiving music performances, dialogue, and sound for film. Loaded with new features including dedicated one-touch buttons for recording, playback, and audio settings; a new 1.25″ back-lit LCD that reads easily in any lighting condition; slate and test tone generators for simpler A/V sync; auto-record and self-timer functions; a front-facing speaker; and adjustable playback speed for transcription and notation. Whether you use the phase-coherent on-board stereo X/Y mics or plug in your own sound source via the 1/8″ stereo mic/line jack, the Zoom H1n captures your world in glorious 24-bit/96kHz hi-fi.
Brighter, crisper backlit LCD display
The new 1.25″ monochromatic display looks great in virtually all lighting conditions. The layout is clean and organized, and the backlight pops in the dark or direct light.
Distortion-free audio recording
Auto-Level and onboard limiting provide up to 120 dB of distortion-free audio — more than enough headroom to reproduce the most dynamic spoken and musical performances.
Unlimited overdubs — great for multitrack audio
Zoom even lets you overdub audio onto your existing recordings. This makes the H1n an essential tool for the touring artist or songwriter on the move.
Tone generators and timer tools
The H1n is even easier to use than previous iterations. Slate and test tone generators enable picture-perfect audio and video sync, while auto-record and self-timer features make sure you never miss the moment.
Onboard stereo XY mics plus mic/line jack
A pair of built-in stereo condenser microphones oriented in a fixed 90° XY pattern captures audio in perfect phase-coherent stereo. But when the occasion demands, an 1/8″ mic/line input lets you use your studio and shotgun mics. Broadcast-ready, BWF-compliant 24/96 WAV and space-saving MP3 audio formats are available to suit your needs.
10 hours from 2 AAA batteries
The H1n promises up to 10 hours of operation using just 2 AAA alkaline batteries. Rechargeable Li-ion and NiMH AAA batteries may promise even better performance. Or, for home use, simply run the Zoom off of USB power (cable and adapter not included).
Connect the H1n to your device via USB to use it as an audio interface, or to drag files to your workstation. Whether you record at home or on location, the Zoom H1n captures clean audio without fuss.
- Mobile 24/96 audio recorder with onboard stereo XY mics
- Crisper, cleaner backlit 1.25″ display
- Captures phase-coherent stereo audio
- Updated mic shield is sonically transparent
- Dedicated buttons for audio format and settings
- One-touch recording and playback
- Auto-record, self-timer, and pre-record ensure you never miss a moment
- Slate and test tone generators simplify A/V sync
- Variable playback speeds for transcription and notation
- Auto-Level and Limit functions offer 120dB of distortion-free audio
- USB connectivity for file transfer and interfacing
- Stereo 1/8″ mic/line input supports other mics and sound sources
- Stereo 1/8″ headphone/line output with volume control
- Records audio as BWF-compliant 24/96 WAVs or space-saving MP3s
- Supports microSD/HC cards up to 32GB (sold separately)
- Up to 10 hours of operation from 2 AAA alkaline batteries (included)
- USB powered for more permanent installs (cables/adapter not included)