Zoom H4n PRO Handy Recorder
Zoom are always developing new ideas to improve the performance and function of their Handy Recorders. With the new H4n Pro, they've taken everything creators love about the H4n and brought it to the next level. The H4n Pro isn't just improved, it's superior in every way. With advanced X/Y microphones, incredibly natural-sounding preamps, and a super-low noise floor, you can record everything from the Indy 500 to the fluttering of a hummingbird with extraordinary realism. Welcome to the new gold standard in field recording.
The H4n Pro is packed with features that make it perfect for capturing audio for film. The onboard X/Y microphones deliver spectacular stereo imaging, and two combo input jacks allow you to use your favorite microphones as well. It also includes a headphone/line out jack to easily send high-definition stereo directly to your camera. The Pro is perfect for capturing live performances. Capable of handling up to 140 dB SPL, it can record everything from ear-splitting heavy metal to bass-heavy EDM. Take a line-level stereo feed from your mixing console and capture room ambience with the X/Y microphones to put your listeners front row centre.
The H4n Pro provides the essential combination of mic’ing versatility, portability, and superior audio necessary for impactful storytelling. With support for plug-in power, you can use a lavalier to mic up your subject for podcasts or interviews. Record time-stamped WAV files to sync with video footage in post-production, or embed superior audio directly on your video in real-time through a ?" stereo feed.
With overdubbing and punch-in features, as well as studio-grade instrument effects and emulators, you can create songs from start to finish. The Pro also functions as a 2-input/2-output USB audio interface for PC or Mac. Launch your favorite recording/editing software or use the included Cubase LE to start creating. The Pro features the same high performance, low-noise mic preamps as Zoom's acclaimed Zoom H5 and H6 Handy Recorders, with recording and playback at resolutions up to 24-bit/96 kHz. The improved noise floor (-120 dBu EIN) captures audio at lower volumes with less noise and fewer artifacts.
X/Y stereo recording covers a wide area while capturing sound sources in the center with clarity and definition. The angle of its two unidirectional condenser mics can easily be changed from 90 degrees for a tightly focused stereo image to 120 degrees for a wider image simply by twisting the mic capsules. The H4n Pro provides an onboard MS decoder for Mid-Side recording with external microphones. This allows you to adjust the width of the stereo image, making it especially useful for sound design and broadcasting. The two locking combo connectors accept either XLR or ¼" balanced/unbalanced phone cables, handling mic- and line-level signals as well as instrument-level signals. Phantom Power of +24 or +48 volts can be applied to both inputs. Plus, there’s a stereo 1/8” Mic jack for external audio sources, including lavalier microphones requiring 2.5 volts of plug-in power.
- Four-track simultaneous recording
- High-fidelity mic preamps
- Built-in X/Y stereo microphones, adjustable between 90° and 120°
- Record up to 140 dB SPL with X/Y microphones
- Two mic/line level inputs with XLR/TRS combo connectors
- Stereo 1/8" Mic In mini phone jack
- +24 or +48V phantom power for main inputs and Plug-in power (2.5V) via Mic/Line In mini phone jack
- Output/headphone jack with dedicated volume control
- New rubberized and ergonomic body with improved 1.9 inch backlit LCD display
- Built-in reference speaker for fast playback
- Records directly to SD and SDHC cards up to 32 GB
- Supports up to 24-bit/96 kHz audio in BWF-compliant WAV or a variety of MP3 formats
- Onboard Mid-Side decoding
- Internal mixdown: four-track to stereo and stereo to dual mono
- Up to 99 marks per recording
- Built-in effects, including compression/limiting, low-cut filtering, modulation, reverb/delay and amp models
- Normalize (maximum gain) and Divide (file splitting) functions
- Chromatic tuner and metronome
- Loop playback with user-defined start and stop points
- Variable playback speed, from 50% to 150%, without affecting pitch
- Variable pitch without affecting playback speed
- USB port for file transfer to and from computer
- 2-in/2-out USB audio interface for PC/Mac computers
- Mounts to mic stand or tripod, or directly to DSLR with optional Hot Shoe adapter
- Runs on 2 standard AA alkaline or NiMH rechargeable batteries with up to 6 hours of operation (up to 10 hours in Stamina mode)
For more information, please visit the manufacturer's website.